Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Discussion Forum


Sadly I did not participate in the forum discussion.  I had been absent from class the Thursday before and was a little confused about what exactly it was and the point of the assignment.  Because the forum discussion was new and different I found it somewhat overwhelming and it just became more work I had to do in addition to all the other things I had to accomplish that week, so I ended up not participating at all. Obviously I did not think the forum was engaging because I did not do it.  I think that if I had participated I probably would have just read that article and wrote something down and never read anyone else’s responses. Maybe if I understood what the whole thing was about I would have been more willing to participate and spend time in the forum, but I found that overall it seemed too time consuming to read all my classmates responses and opinion and respond to it. In the future I don’t think I would like more forum discussions.  I regret not participating in the forum and I do not really know what it was like, but if I had participated I still think I would not want future forum discussions.

1 comment:

  1. I agree when you say the forum was a bit time consuming. I think it is very similar to our blogs in that we get to read about a topic from different perspectives which is beneficial to our overall conclusion on the subject.

    ReplyDelete